Are you using often the vertical position for shooting ?
Do you have never enough batteries ?
So this vertical grip
is exactly the reference you need for your SLT-A77, ILCA-77M2 or ILCA-99M2 !
Well, note, however, that you will not be invisible with this grip installed! Your device, wich has already a significant size will take some extra volume! :)
But, having on my old alpha700 (I currently use the ILCA-77m2) the previous version, but similar, VG-C70AM, I must say that, in addition to the opportunity to install two batteries NP-FM500H, the grip is really good, and in portrait or landscape mode!
In both modes, there is an access to the most common commands. Unlike other non-Sony grips, this is a big advantage!
It can be attached quickly and easily below the unit.
Just provide the location in your photo bag! :o)
Photos in portrait mode are really much more pleasant to take.
We can read here or there
Get a grip on your SLT-A77 / ILCA-77M2 camera
Enjoy steady support for every shot, whether landscape or portrait. Simply attach this vertical control grip to the α77/α77 II for sure handling and easy-reach control.
Total control within reach : This vertical grip duplicates camera controls.
Simply adjust the settings of your α77/α77 II using the grip, with second shutter for portrait shots. All dials and buttons are sealed against dust and moisture.
Stay charged and shoot for longer
Double your shooting stamina with two rechargeable InfoLITHIUM™ batteries.
- Stable, comfortable grip for holding camera in position
- Low-position shutter release button for easy comfort
- Other main control buttons duplicated for ease of use
- Buttons and dials are protected against dust and moisture
- Two NP-FM500H batteries for additional power
- Battery pack : NP-FM500H DC7.2V
- Recording performance with two NP-FM500H battery packs
- Approx. 1,060 shots (using “Memory Stick PRO Duo” and LCD monitor mode)
- Approx. 940 shots (using “Memory Stick PRO Duo” and viewfinder mode)
- The measuring method conforms to CIPA standard.
- Depending on the condition of use, recording performance may be lower less than what was listed.
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 139 mm × 125 mm × 87 mm (l/h/p) (5 1/2 × 5 × 3 1/2 po.)
- Mass : approx. 335 g (11,9 oz) (including the battery pack tray, excluding the battery packs)
- Operating temperature : 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Vertical grip (1), Battery pack tray (1), Terminal cover (1), Set of printed documentation